- What is the focus of your organization and what are some of the activities you conduct? We are one of many chapters of a national PRSSA organization. We talk about what is going on in the PR world and how to prepare for our future career.
- When did your organization start at Minnesota State University, Mankato? Our organization was started in 2002 by Dr. Jane McConnell.
- How many members do you currently have? We currently have 29 members.
- How often do you meet? We meet every Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. in the Heritage Room.
- What leadership positions can someone hold within your chapter? We have the positions of president, Vice President, treasurer, social media chair, tours and speakers chair, and volunteer and fundraising chair.
- What are your goals of your organization and how to you attain them? Our goal is to further educate students as to what PR is, and to help increase their skills beyond the classroom prior to graduation.
- What is the greatest achievement your organization has received? Our greatest achievement would be in the connections that we get to make by visiting real PR firms in the cities as well as speaking with professionals at our meetings.
- How do you join? Anyone can join! Just show up to a meeting. However, there is a $75 fee to be a recognized member.
- Why should someone join your organization? PRSSA is a great experience for anyone. It is a great way to build connections, practice skills and to get ahead in the field of public relations. – Jennifer Skalicky, president of MNSU PRSSA
Connect with PRSSA on Facebook
- What is the focus of your organization? The focus of Dream Closet is to offer free clothing for people in the community who need a helping hand. Once a semester, we put on a free shopping event in MSU-Mankato’s Centennial Student Union Ballroom. The clothes we provide at these events are donated in boxes by members in the community.
- When did your organization start on our campus? How many members do you currently have? Dream Closet was started in an entrepreneurship class on MSU-Mankato’s campus in 2013. We currently have approximately 20 members in the organization.
- How often do you meet? What offices do you offer within the chapter? We meet two times a month. The offices we offer are social media/marketing advisory and tasks are otherwise assigned based on member interest.This year, we are changing leadership and that has been a challenge. However, we are excited to use this opportunity to create a new vision for Dream Closet.
- What are your goals? Our goals for our organization is to continue to have more people come to our events, and to be more active in our community.
- What is the greatest achievement your organization has received? The greatest achievement Dream Closet has received is last spring our organization was chosen for Summit and Jacob Heights honorary charity.
- How do you join? If someone is interested in joining Dream Closet, they can join via our OrgSync page (Dream Closet for Girls). Dream Closet is a great opportunity to give back to your community and experience first-hand the way the community comes together in a supportive way.
- When is your next event? The next free shopping event will be in the Spring of 2018, follow us on Facebook for updates.
Connect with Dream Closet-Mankato on Facebook