Get to know Dream Closet
- What is the focus of your organization? The focus of Dream Closet is to offer free clothing for people in the community who need a helping hand. Once a semester, we put on a free shopping event in MSU-Mankato’s Centennial Student Union Ballroom. The clothes we provide at these events are donated in boxes by members in the community.
- When did your organization start on our campus? How many members do you currently have? Dream Closet was started in an entrepreneurship class on MSU-Mankato’s campus in 2013. We currently have approximately 20 members in the organization.
- How often do you meet? What offices do you offer within the chapter? We meet two times a month. The offices we offer are social media/marketing advisory and tasks are otherwise assigned based on member interest.This year, we are changing leadership and that has been a challenge. However, we are excited to use this opportunity to create a new vision for Dream Closet.
- What are your goals? Our goals for our organization is to continue to have more people come to our events, and to be more active in our community.
- What is the greatest achievement your organization has received? The greatest achievement Dream Closet has received is last spring our organization was chosen for Summit and Jacob Heights honorary charity.
- How do you join? If someone is interested in joining Dream Closet, they can join via our OrgSync page (Dream Closet for Girls). Dream Closet is a great opportunity to give back to your community and experience first-hand the way the community comes together in a supportive way.
- When is your next event? The next free shopping event will be in the Spring of 2018, follow us on Facebook for updates.
Connect with Dream Closet-Mankato on Facebook