by MORGAN STOLPA, CSU PR Intern
- What is your RSO?
MavHouse Records is a student-run, Record Label at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- What do you do, what makes you special, what do u have to offer?
MavHouse Records produces, promotes, markets, and creates music of all genres. What makes us special is the fact that we center ourselves around developing and supporting musicians along with enhancing the skillsets of students who aspire to work in the Music Industry one day.
- Do you have to apply, how selective are you, do you target a specific audience?
Anyone interested in becoming a signed MavHouse artist would have to apply. But we accept anyone who wants to be a member, help support our artists, and develop their skillsets/knowledge on the Music Industry. We target mostly music majors but are open to anyone who is passionate about music.
- What is yourultimate goal?
Our ultimate goal is to help musicians get started on building a successful music career. We also hope to give back to MSU and the town of Mankato in any way that we can, as much as we can.
- How many members do you have?
We currently have 17 members.
- How many years have you been in the University?
MavHouse Records has been at MSU for about 3 years.
- What other Universities have your organization?
Universities such as New York University, Syracuse University, Columbia College and Berklee College of Music are a few schools that have student run record labels.
- Something funny: what meme would your RSO relate to?
This meme because it can be a (fulfilling) challenge getting people to listen to an artist’s music. #brokenpromises