by TRAVIS GERLACH, CSU Public Relations Intern
Ivy Glade is Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato. In 2018 Ivy Placed 108th at the NCAA Regional Meet, Placed 31st at NSIC Championship Meet and is an NSIC All-Academic honoree.
Let’s put Ivy in the spotlight!
- What three words best describe you? driven, analytical, and independent
- What tops your list of pet peeves? When people are late
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? Humpback whales because they travel the world through their migratory patterns.
- Who is your all-time favorite sports star? Eliud Kipchoge – the guy who just broke 2 hours in the marathon!
- What is your most prized possession? Hydroflask coffee mug
- What three items can always be found in your refrigerator? Hot sauce, peanut butter, and apples
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? I would read more books and spend time with friends and family.
- What skill would you like to master? I want to be able to do a pull-up!
- What movie title best describes your life? No Reservations
- What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? I got accepted into an undergraduate summer research program in upstate New York – I met so many amazing people there and learned so much.
- What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? Ranch dressing
- If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? I would still want to be a geoscientist because I want to travel, spend lots of time outside and learn about our world!
- Who inspires you to be better? My parents because they are so supportive!
- What is something you will NEVER do again? Use a pressure cooker…
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Travel or move somewhere unfamiliar on your own.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? Mind reading
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off my student loans and then plan a trip to Iceland.
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? I would want to witness the break up of Pangea and later formation of our present-day continents! It would be cool to see what the world was like before people.
- What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? I love the communities that I am a part of through my major and through cross country and track and field. I have been able to meet a lot of amazing people in my time here so far!