Get to know PRSSA
- What is the focus of your organization and what are some of the activities you conduct? We are one of many chapters of a national PRSSA organization. We talk about what is going on in the PR world and how to prepare for our future career.
- When did your organization start at Minnesota State University, Mankato? Our organization was started in 2002 by Dr. Jane McConnell.
- How many members do you currently have? We currently have 29 members.
- How often do you meet? We meet every Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. in the Heritage Room.
- What leadership positions can someone hold within your chapter? We have the positions of president, Vice President, treasurer, social media chair, tours and speakers chair, and volunteer and fundraising chair.
- What are your goals of your organization and how to you attain them? Our goal is to further educate students as to what PR is, and to help increase their skills beyond the classroom prior to graduation.
- What is the greatest achievement your organization has received? Our greatest achievement would be in the connections that we get to make by visiting real PR firms in the cities as well as speaking with professionals at our meetings.
- How do you join? Anyone can join! Just show up to a meeting. However, there is a $75 fee to be a recognized member.
- Why should someone join your organization? PRSSA is a great experience for anyone. It is a great way to build connections, practice skills and to get ahead in the field of public relations. – Jennifer Skalicky, president of MNSU PRSSA
Connect with PRSSA on Facebook