Students in a Business and Professional Communication course I teach are proposing a new talk-oriented radio show to the local community radio station here in Mankato, Minnesota–KMSU. The links below are designed to help students gain the background knowledge needed to do their assignment, but anybody might might these of interest…
- Definition of Community Radio
- Ampers–Independent Public Radio in Minnesota
- Atlantic Monthly article (featuring unique radio you can hear online)
- AIR (Association of Independents in Radio
- National Federation of Community Broadcasters
- Really Good Audio Storytelling
**Note: Those of you exploring how to make a radio show, may find it useful to use something like “how to make a talk-oriented podcast” as search terms. We are not making a podcast, but some of the lessons for creating a good podcast also apply to creating a good radio show.