2020 to 2021: How Have You Changed?

An Exercise in Reflecting and Journaling

by GABBIE KEERAN, CSU Public Relations Intern

RETURN to the inSIDER

When I rewind and reflect a year ago back to spring break, my world has changed completely. Within the past year I have grown into a person that I never would have seen myself becoming.

Ask yourself the question, what has the past year taught you? Reflect on who you were a year ago compared to who you are today.

Write down your thoughts about this. Really think, has it gone slow, fast? Did anything really important happen? How has this year effected your life? What impacted you the most?

I have taken the time to focus on myself in a different way than I did before. As a whole, the year went by fast but I really slowed down and appreciated the things that I was missing before.

Slow is good. My life is was so fast paced I couldn’t keep up with myself. It felt so good to have a clear schedule and a clear mind.

I have grown more fond of astrology, and self care. These are important. I noticed before the pandemic, I would skip doing the things I enjoyed.

Astrology has had me very curious to know what zodiac sign my friends and family are to see what traits they hold. I enjoy looking at the constellations in the sky and matching them up with their corresponding zodiac sign.

I truly think that the year has taught many people to slow down and appreciate these little things. Take time to think about what you appreciate. Or start appreciating more.

Grab your journal, your phone, laptop, anything and write. Write down your feelings and reflect on those feelings.

RETURN to the inSIDER

Gabbie Keeran is a CSU Public Relations Intern and a senior studying Mass Media with a minor in Marketing at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Gabbie is from Prior Lake, MN and has a passion for journaling, practicing yoga, and traveling. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing and communications after graduation.