“Don’t Be Scared To Ask, The Worst They’re Going To Say is No” – Brad Halvorson

Each semester since Spring 2015, the Centennial Student Union honors eight students selected for campus student leadership and CSU student staff excellence. Nominated by staff members from Student Affairs, the Kearney International Center, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, selected students are recognized on the BEST Board, a 55-foot display in the CSU Hearth Lounge created for Boasting Exceptional Student Talent.

The Maverick Bullpen Student Staff and a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon, Brad Halvorson believe that getting involved in campus activities is a good way to meet people and increase opportunities, and also a way to build skills for professional development.

In Brad’s own words:

How has campus involvement and/or campus employment enhanced YOUR COLLEGE EXPERIENCE?

Becoming more involved on campus has opened so many opportunities I never thought I would have. Joining a fraternity has opened more doors and put me in contact with many people, I would highly recommend looking into it.

How has campus involvement and/or campus employment enhanced YOUR FUTURE?

Campus involvement and employment have given me many opportunities to help build my skills for professional development

How has campus involvement/campus employment enhanced YOUR LIFE?

It has enhanced my life by pushing me out of my comfort zone and made me a well-rounded individual with an open mind

Provide one or more detailed examples where your campus involvement/work experience made you a better leader.

Campus employment has made me a better leader by allowing me the opportunity to be a leader at my place of work. In my fraternity, without realizing it, a lot of the guys look up to me as a leader. But without their support, I would not have gotten to where I am now

What advice would you share with fellow students in helping them make the most of their college experience?

Don’t be scared to ask, what’s the worst their going to say, No?

Throughout your college experience at Minnesota State-Mankato, what has provided the greatest personal growth, memories, satisfaction, and/or personal pride.

My experience in my fraternity, TKE, and the guys around me.