Interacting Makes Wol’s Job A Perfect Fit

CSU Student Employee of the Month: Gamaleldin Wol

Gamaleldin “Jamal” Wol

CSU STUDENT EMPLOYMENT: Student Activities Front Desk Reception and Stomper’s Cinema

HOME: Sioux Falls, South Dakota

MAJOR: Computer Information Technology

CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT: Member of the Information Student Security Organization

EXPECTED GRADUATION: Spring 2022

List your job responsibilities/duties in the CSU?

“I answer and assist students, facility members and guests of Minnesota State University on a variety of topics from questions relating to the University, getting in contact with staff or general directions around campus. I also sell concessions whenever the Student Events Team puts on Stomper Cinema or campus films.”

What do you like about working in the CSU?

“The people I meet and interact with whether it’s a familiar face or someone new entirely.”

What does the CSU mean to you?

“A place to relax, do homework or hang out with friends.”

What is your fondest memory of the CSU?

“The first potluck that I attended during my first year at Student Activities.”

Why did you choose to attend Minnesota State Mankato?

“I have a good friend who graduated from Minnesota State University that I happen to visit a couple of years ago. After a few days of exploring campus and the town I decided the University was a great place to enroll in.”

What advice would you offer to fellow or future students?

“College is more than just attending lectures and doing homework. Meet new people, make new friends, and above all get involved in something you’re interested in or enjoy.”

FUN QUIZ #1: What is your proudest accomplishment?

“Adjusting to my role at Student Activities. Prior to my first year, I became overly flustered in my interactions with others almost on a daily basis. However, in a short period of time, my confidence and interactions shifted in a different, calmer and outgoing manner compared to when I first began.”

FUN QUIZ #2: What is your favorite childhood memory?

“My favorite childhood memory is waking up to watch new episodes of Dragonball Z on Saturday mornings.”

FUN QUIZ #3: If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be and why?

“If I could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, I would choose Emma Blackwell, Taylor Blomn-Blivins and Greg Wilkins. Of all the people I’ve met attending Minnesota State University, they’ve left a big and positive impact on me by being warm, accepting and kind.”

FUN QUIZ #4: What song would you say best describes you?

“Good Life by One Republic”

FUN QUIZ #5: If you had a super-power, what would it be?

“If I had a super-power It would be super-intelligence. I could solve problems both big and small as well as invent anything I put my mind to.”