By: Morgan Stolpa
MavCONNECT is a tool for student, faculty and advisor success.
What is MavCONNECT?
Minnesota State University, Mankato, selected a suite of advising tools, MavCONNECT by Starfish® Enterprise Success Platform™ to integrate our Student Information System (ISRS) to deliver advising notes, MavCares early alerts, Midterm Reports (MTRs), and online scheduling of advising appointments. MavCONNECT will create a specific role and a relationship between students, faculty, and advisors.
How can I use it to help my students?
- Submit early alert and midterm reports
- Send motivating messages of support (kudos) to students that are participating, improving, or showing good effort
- Raise flags in the system at any point in the semester if you have concerns about a student’s progress
- List office hours in MavCONNECT
MavCONNECT and Advising:
If you serve as an assigned advisor for students, MavCONNECT can be used to:
- Allow students to self-schedule appointments during office hours you make available in the system
- Learn at a glance which of your advisees may need additional help
- Send emails to all or a select group of your advisees
- Document and track your interactions in a secure, central location
If you’re interested in learning more about MavCONNECT, additional resources and training schedules are listed at www.mnsu.edu/mavconnect.