by GABBIE KEERAN, CSU Public Relations Intern
Venture out and capture nature is the call from Maverick Adventures as it hosts its Behind The Lens Outdoor Photo Contest through Monday, March 15.
Entrants are encouraged to take photos of nature as it appears.
“Photography is something that can happen anywhere, and goes hand in hand with outdoor adventure,” said Maverick Adventures Graduate Student Martin Jaracuso.
The contest is open only to Minnesota State Mankato students. Entrants may submit up to three photos to the contest and can enter into five different photo categories.
Students can register for the event and submit photos here.
- Flora: Photos featuring plant life as the main subject.
- Fauna: Photos featuring wildlife as the main subject.
- Adventure: Photos featuring human subjects engaging in adventure activities.
- Landscape: Photos without human subjects, featuring nature scenes without a specific flora or fauna subject.
- Environmental Concern: Photos featuring issues of environmental concern such as human impact, climate change, etc.
A three-judge panel will review all submissions and select top photo in each of the five categories as well as a Best in Show. There also will be a public poll to name a “Peoples’ Choice” winner. A link for the “Peoples’ Choice” winner will become available once all photo submissions have been received.
Winners will receive a prize from sponsors including Spikeball, GSI Outdoors and Alpine Start.
Maverick Adventures Graduate Student Martin Jaracuso: “Photography is something that can happen anywhere, and goes hand in hand with outdoor adventure.”
For more information, visit Maverick Adventures – Behind The Lens Outdoor Photo Contest.