by ALEX BAUMANN, CSU Public Relations Intern
On this week’s edition of Maverick Spotlight, the inSIDER reaches out to Nattiya Somboonsup. A senior on the MSU Maverick Women’s Golf team, Somboonsup is a is from Chonburi, Thailand. Some of her accolades include a 2016-17 NSIC Second Team selection, being a two-time NSIC All-Academic selection, and capturing medalist honors at the WSU Warrior Invitational Sept 18, 2018. Let’s get to know a Nattiya a little bit better.
- What three words best describe you?
- Foodie, dedicated, old-soul
- What tops your list of pet peeves?
- Loud chewing
- As the only human left on Earth, what would you do?
- What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well?
- I decided to come to US for college because of a guy. Even though we broke up, I’m glad I’m here because I have made my best friends and made the good memories.
- Who is your all-time favorite sports star?
- Rory McIlroy
- What is your most prized possession?
- My family pictures and videos, especially of my baby brother
- What three items can always be found in your refrigerator?
- Eggs, Milk, Ice cream
- What is the most impressive thing you know how to do?
- I take really good pictures. I have artist eyes.
- Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?
- One Direction. I am a huge Directioner
- What movie title best describes your life?
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story
- What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
- I won VIP tickets here at MSU for BOB homecoming concert 2017!
- What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?
- Not sure.
- If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have?
- Not sure.
- Who inspires you to be better?
- My parents.
- What is something you will NEVER do again?
- Love someone more than they love me.
- What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
- Game of Thrones… I tried but it’s just not my thing.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- To be happy forever and be able to give happiness to others
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
- Traveling the world
- What type of music would you (do you) sing in the shower?
- Really sad songs.
- What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato?
Diversity and people are really nice. There are so many beautiful cultures to learn from. I love experiencing them all.
Thank you to Nattiya for taking the time to answer the Athlete Spotlight questions. If you know of an athlete or are an athlete who would like to be featured in the Athlete Spotlight, send an email to Alexander.email@example.com.