Sam Ure – Not Enough Time in the Day

by TRAVIS GERLACH, CSU Public Relations Intern

RETURN TO THE inSIDER

Sam Ure – Handball

Sam Ure is originally from Des Plaines, Ill. Ure is majoring in Civil Engineering. He has been playing handball for 12 years. He started back in 2007 at the YMCA back home where Ure also started rock climbing and learned to play water polo. Ure is also a member of Sigma Nu here on campus where he has met some of his closest friends. “I’m a super down to earth person that is always up for talking to anyone about anything, I just have a really terrible hearing so be prepared for a couple huhs.”

Let’s put Ure into the spotlight!

• What three words best describe you? Goofy, Selfless, and Down to Earth (the last one isn’t one word but couldn’t think of that phrase as a single word)
  • What tops your list of pet peeves? People who say, Ex Cetera, instead of Et Cetera.
  • If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? Sea Turtle, because I love swimming and they just seem really chill and relaxed. Plus I just really love them and have ever since I was a kid.
  • What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well? Hard to say, I do a lot of dumb things that miraculously work out well.
  • Who is your all-time favorite sports star? Corey Crawford, Goalie for the Chicago Blackhawks
  • What is your most prized possession? A stuffed animal from my grandmother that I’ve had since I was a baby.
  • What three items can always be found in your refrigerator? Ranch Dressing, Cheese, and Salsa.
  • If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Probably spend more time with my friends and do schoolwork or other responsibilities when I would otherwise be sleeping.
  • What skill would you like to master? I would love to master public speaking. I don’t think I’m terrible but I blank on my thoughts too frequently.
  • What movie title best describes your life? A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? When I first got campus my freshmen year I met my best friend who pushed me to get involved in Fraternity life and if I hadn’t done that who knows if I’d be as successful/outgoing in the things I put my mind to.
  • What is something that a ton of people is obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? TikTok, I get that some of the videos are really funny but just seems too much like a carbon copy of vine.
  • If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? I would love to be a rock climbing instructor or a national park ranger. I love the outdoors and go hiking whenever I can.
  • Who inspires you to be better? My fraternity brothers. I see all of the amazing things they do and I strive to do as they do and more.
  • What is something you will NEVER do again? Try to trap a bat and carry it out of my house without opening the exterior doors first.
  • What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? I think everyone should go out and do something to expand their comfort zone. Step out of it every now and again and gradually expand it.
  • If you could have a superpower, what would it be? Time control because there isn’t enough time in the day
  • If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off my student debt.
  • What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? I love the energy about the campus, especially when it’s nice out and people are hanging out on the PA Lawn hammocking, playing volleyball, and all the other activities. There’s always something to do on campus.

RETURN TO THE inSIDER