The Yoga Times

by GABBIE KEERAN, CSU Public Relations Intern

RETURN to the inSIDER

With spring break coming up I figured that it’s almost time to jump back into my regular yoga routine.

Usually in the winter time I find myself being more tired and lazy, meaning I don’t do yoga as much as I would like. But now that the weather is getting warmer and the sun is shining, it has inspired me to take my yoga mat.

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to practice yoga outside. I like to do it in the early morning or late afternoon. I think practicing outside allows for a sense of adventure in the outdoor enviroment.

There are so many ways different styles and routines practiced in yoga. A few popular ones are, vinyasa flow, restorative yoga, power yoga, hatha yoga, and yin yoga.

My personal favorite is power yoga. I like doing power yoga because it is workout and a stretch. Power yoga has a faster flow and a higher intensity level than other types of yoga.

I currently have a Peloton subscription since I have been trying to stay home to avoid contact with others. In my subscription there is a whole section dedicated to yoga.

I fell in love with Peloton workouts over quarantine and still enjoy them. I feel so good after I am done with any type of workout whether its a power yoga class or a core class, and I am always sore after a class!

RETURN to the inSIDER

Gabbie Keeran is a CSU Public Relations Intern and a senior studying Mass Media with a minor in Marketing at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Gabbie is from Prior Lake, MN and has a passion for journaling, practicing yoga, and traveling. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing and communications after graduation.