Trevor Turriff, a senior business major from De Pere, Wis., wrestles at 174 pounds for the Mavericks. Named the team MVP in the 2020-21 season enters the 2021-22 season with a 42-14 career record. Trevor gained the All-American title after finishing in second place at the NCAA Division II National Tournament.
He was also the NCAA DII Region V champion, as well as being undefeated in dual action. Academically Turriff qualified as an NSIC Winter All-Academic Team member, NWCA Scholar All-American, as well as Team MVP. His Junior year Turriff received the Minnesota State Coaches Award for “commitment to excellence on the mat and in the classroom, service to others and leadership.”
Getting to Know Trevor
- What three words best describe you? Determined, Loving, Passionate.
- What tops your list of pet peeves? Dishonesty.
- Who is your all-time favorite sports star? Aaron Rodgers.
- What three items can always be found in your refrigerator? Eggs, ham, bagels.
- What skill would you like to master? Being able to play the guitar
- What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with, but you just don’t get the point of? Watching the show, The Bachelor
- Who are three persons, living or dead, you would like to invite for dinner? Kanye West, Elon Musk, and Brad Pitt
- What is something you will NEVER do again? Not study for a final.
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Skydive
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? Being able to fly
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Kid Rock performing at Woodstock, 1999.
- If you had to eat at a fast-food restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be? Subway.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Megan Fox
- What fictional character would you like to meet? Tyler Durden
- What is one thing that should be taught in school but isn’t? Effective ways to adapt to lifestyle changes (high school to college, college to career, etc.)
- What was your favorite activity as a child? Snowboarding.
- What is your go-to song at the moment? Back Against the Wall by Cage the Elephant.
- When you want to give up and quit, what keeps you going? Thinking about family and others who brought me to where I am.
- How long do you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse? A year or two.
- What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? Love the intertwined community in the sports organization.