by TRAVIS GERLACH, CSU Public Relations Intern
On this segment of the Maverick Spotlight, the inSIDER features MSU Bowling player Andrea Staples. Staples is from Sioux Falls, SD. It’s Andrea’s fourth year on the team and is senior captain! In 2018 Staples won the Great Lakes Bowling Conference MVP and All-tournament Team amongst many other accomplishments.
Let’s put Staples into the spotlight!
- What three words best describe you? Reliable, Hardworking, Energetic
- What tops your list of pet peeves? When something needs to get cleaned and it doesn’t. When you ask someone to get something done and it doesn’t get done
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? Dolphin because I like them, and I think they are a cool animal
- Who is your all-time favorite sports star? Danielle McEwan
- What is your most prized possession? Pictures with friends and family
- What three items can always be found in your refrigerator? Pop, Condiments, Water
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Bowl & Clean/organize
- What skill would you like to master? Spare shooting
- What movie title best describes your life? Just Go With It
- What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? Getting All American Second team at national level
- What is something that a ton of people
areobsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? Reddit
- If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? Professional bowler
- Who inspires you to be better? Family/Friends
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Do something off their bucket list
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be? Invisibility
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I would save money first then go on vacation
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Going to nationals
- What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? I like to be able to call it home. I like how it makes it feel like we are all connected and like family.