Posted May 7, 2020, from the Campus Newsletter
Diversity and Inclusion recently presented its annual student leadership awards.
Award recipients included:
- Outstanding Student Employee Award: OASIS Office – Kameron Cook; Multicultural Center – Elijah Lewis; Gender and Sexuality Programs – Jenna Gonzalez; Accessibility Resources – Max McKenzie.
- Student Leadership Awards: Accessibility Resources – Leah Hanson, Steve Ellis; African American Affairs – Michael Osei, Bola Ogunlana; American Indian Affairs – Drake Russell, Lyric Lopez-Kohler; Asian American Affairs – Chao Xiong, Jenna Vang; Guiding Pathways to Success (GPS) Program – Abdurrahman Guantai, Liya Yemiru; Latinx Affairs – Lizbeth Vazquez, Alexis Peralta; LGBT Center – Briana Spangler, Kirby Crow; Violence Awareness and Response Program – AnaRose Hart-Thomas, Melanie Ramsey; Women’s Center – Fatuma Abdulkadir, Amina Jemi.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Ashley Parent
- Diversity Merit Award: Oscar Andrade Lara
- Diversity Outreach Award: Marilyn Allen
- Diversity Service Award: Noemi Duran
- Diversity Ambassador Award: Melanie Yang
- Excellence in Diversity Award: Cher Vang
- Jessica Flatequal Rainbow Award: Michael Greene
- Women of Action Award: Mich’le Rolan
- Outstanding Recognized Student Organization Award: Minnesota State Mankato’s Owaci Okodakiciye (Powwow Committee) – Marilyn Allen, Clare Carroll
- Student Diversity Champion Award: Ian Yang, Katie McQueen
- Faculty/Staff Diversity Champion Award: Kari Much, William Broussard, Jameel Haque, Sherrise Truesdale-Moore, Matt Cecil
- The Vice President’s Diversity Award: Anisa Omar