by TRAVIS GERLACH, CSU Public Relations Intern
Jane Sakowicz is a sophomore from Wauconda, IL and is majoring in biomedical sciences. Sakowicz is a Defensive Specialist on the women’s volleyball team! In 2018 Sakowicz saw action in 74 sets and recorded 83 digs amongst other achievements. We are very excited to have her as our Maverick spotlight of the week. We asked her a few questions to get to know her better!
1. What three words best describe you?Driven, goofy, and enthusiastic
2. What tops your list of pet peeves? When people walk slowly and take up the entire walking path.
3. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?The average house cat because they are by far a superior animal. They can sit inside, sleep, and wait for people to feed them without giving anything in return.
4. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well?Among the many dumb things I do that turn out well, I caught a football wrong and chipped the bone in my finger, but later found out I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon post-surgery.
5. Who is your all-time favorite sports star?
6. What is your most prized possession?A necklace my mom gave me.
7. What three items can always be found in your refrigerator?Dark chocolate, eggs, and a bunch of vegetables I will probably never eat.
8. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?I would LOVE if I never had to sleep! I would finally have time to watch Netflix, learn how to play the piano, teach myself how to speak Spanish and Polish, work on getting a six-pack, then lose my six-pack by eating snacks all night.
9. What skill would you like to master?Doing a backflip
10. What movie title best describes your life?Pursuit of Happiness
11. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? I won a $5 gift card to Insomnia Cookies once.
12. What is something that a ton of people is obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? Shopping. Shopping is frustrating.
13. If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? Orthopedic Surgeon (I’m a nerd).
14. Who inspires you to be better? I derive a ton of my inspiration from elite athletes who have been able to accomplish “the impossible”
15. What is something you will NEVER do again? Trying to run a mile to feel in shape.
16. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Travel to a different country
17. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? Superspeed
18. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Buy a bunch of chocolate!
19. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Dinosaur Extinction
20. What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? I love the facilities we have here, and the emphasis on creating a community within the university.