‘Local Treasure’

by ALEJANDRO REYES VEGA, CSU Public Relations Assistant

RETURN to the inSIDER

Nolabelle has not been in Mankato very long, but it has quickly become one of my favorite spots to eat in town. I have only been a handful of times, but so far I have been impressed with the quality, execution, and presentation of the food. The Restaurant/Bar also offers a slick modern simple look that makes it great for a quick bite for lunch with a friend or a nice sit-down dinner.

One of the first meals I had here was salted focaccia with grilled chicken, basil pesto, oven-roasted tomatoes, and plenty of burrata.

The sandwich was simple with great flavors that were showcased seamlessly. It had many great Italian ingredients and flavors. This made for a great fast easy lunch that allowed me to keep me going with my day.

My favorite dish so far has been the Steak and Frites but I confess I haven’t had a chance to go back many times. However, I can still say it is one of my favorite dishes.

The dish consisted of hangar steak, with a herb compound butter, and parmesan fries.

It was a simple dish but the execution along with the great ingredients made it very satisfying. I added mushrooms but that is a personal choice.

It is easy to always go back to the same restaurants. But sometimes it is better to try a new place and support local businesses.

RETURN to the inSIDER

Alejo is a student at Minnesota State University, Mankato, born and raised mainly in Venezuela. Having had many opportunities to travel, explore, and go on a variety of adventures. Alejo’s Mischievous Adventures captures some of those exploits.