Student Health Services is currently working with the Minnesota Department of Health to determine if COVID-19 testing can be provided on campus this fall.
“(We are) working on a plan for fall on whether COVID testing will be feasible to offer on campus,” said Jodi Egeland, APRN, CNP, medical director for SHS. “We want to take care of our students, but also want to make sure we are following MDH and CDC guidance for the health and safety of our staff and students.”
Egeland said that student health services is listed eighth among this students are thinking about most as they prepare for the fall semester.
Other activities continuing this summer to assure student wellness and safety:
- Continuing our COVID hotline for students 389-5591, staffed by a nurse practitioner from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Working with MDH on pandemic planning teams as subject matter experts.
- Offering telehealth visits with all of our providers
- In person clinic visits are also available for non-COVID related appointments. The students are required to wear masks and are screened prior to entering the clinic or pharmacy.
- Implemented mail order pharmacy this summer through the SHS Pharmacy on campus for both prescription and OTC medications. Call 389-2483 for more information.