Posted April 15, 2020
Recognized student leaders at Minnesota State University, Mankato will get remote hand-clap emojis as this Sunday’s annual Leadership Awards ceremony becomes a “watch party” on Zoom.
Emi Menk, assistant director of Leadership, Recognized Student Organizations and Nontraditional Students, said Sunday’s 3 p.m. event hosted by Student Activities allows the campus to gather – virtually – to celebrate “our phenomenal student leaders, student organizations, and staff from the comfort of our own homes.”
Family or friends wishing to participate need to set up a free Zoom account to tune in. they are more than welcome to do so; they will need to set up a free zoom account to tune in. The event will not go live until 2:45 p.m. on Sunday, April 19, with the awards event starting at 3 p.m.
Here is the link to join the watch party: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/153646199 Meeting ID: 153 646 199
A video of the event will later be posted on the University website and on the Leadership U Facebook page for viewing. In addition, individuals who receive awards will be mailed a certificate of recognition and a small token of our appreciation, while all nominees will receive a certificate recognizing their nomination.
Menk said this year’s record-setting 80 nominations recognized members of the University community in 11 award categories including:
- Big Ideas. Real-World Thinking.- Presented to senior undergraduate student, a graduate student, or an experienced staff member who actively celebrates the mission of Minnesota State Mankato.
- Commitment to Cultural Responsiveness- Given to a student who encourages a culture of understanding, belonging, and civility at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Maverick Spirit- Awarded to a student strives to make a positive impact or changes on campus.
- Outstanding Campus Volunteer – Presented to a student who is involved in volunteer service through Minnesota State Mankato.
- Outstanding Collegian- Presented to a student who represents the University’s core values – Integrity, Diversity, Access, Responsibility, and Excellence.
- Outstanding Recognized Student Organization- Awarded to a Recognized Student Organization (RSO) that is an active member of the Minnesota State Mankato.
- Outstanding Recognized Student Organization Advisor- Given to an advisor of an RSO who has gone above and beyond in working with members of their organization.
- Recognized Student Organization Exemplary Service Award- Presented to a Recognized Student Organization and/or Student Body (ie. Honors, Biology Majors, etc.) that is involved in community service within the greater Mankato community.
- Recognized Student Organization Program of the Year- Presented to a well-attended event hosted by an RSO.
- Rising Star- Awarded to a student new to Minnesota State Mankato who shows active involvement in an organized campus activity.
- Scott Hagebak Centennial Student Union Hall of Fame – Awarded to a senior, a graduate student, or an experienced staff member who actively celebrates the mission of the Centennial Student Union (CSU) to welcome students, faculty, staff, and community members.