A Guide To Daily Affirmations

Prepare for your day by setting a daily affirmation.

by GABBIE KEERAN, CSU Public Relations Intern

RETURN TO THE inSIDER

This week I want to talk about daily affirmations.

A daily affirmation is a simple, positive statements declaring specific goals in their completed states. Although they sound rather basic at that level, these empowering mantras have profound effects on the conscious and unconscious mind.

Setting a daily affirmation boosts confidence and fires inspiration. How do you write a daily affirmation?

Fostering a belief that “a positive mental attitude supported by affirmations will achieve success in anything.”

For example:

• I believe in, trust and have confidence in myself.
  • I know, accept and am true to myself.
  • I eat well, exercise regularly and get plenty of rest to enjoy good health.

Pull out your journal and write down your daily affirmation. Putting your affirmation into writing each day is key to tracking your progress. If you don’t have a journal, write it on a sticky note to refer back to as the day progresses. At the end of each day, go back into your journal to revisit your affirmation. Ask yourself, “Did my affirmation help me today? What can I do to improve my life?”

Affirmations can be thought of as an exercise for your mind, just like physical activity is for your body. Results will come, just be patient.

Gabbie Keeran is a CSU Public Relations Intern and a senior studying Mass Media with a minor in Marketing at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Gabbie is from Prior Lake, MN and has a passion for journaling, practicing yoga, and traveling. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing and communications after graduation.

RETURN TO THE inSIDER