Dylan Hanson: Never Bowl With Your Shoe Cover On

by TRAVIS GERLACH, CSU Public Relations Intern

RETURN TO THE inSIDER

EDITOR’s NOTE: The Maverick Bowling Team offers men’s and women’s squads as the only competitive collegiate bowling program in Minnesota. Each year, the team competes in 12-14 tournaments in at least six different The team currently has 14 male members and seven female members. The team practices weekdays on the 12 bowling lanes in the CSU Maverick Bullpen. Last year, the team had 12 Academic All-American recipients having an accumulative GPA over 3.5. The program has been participating in collegiate bowling since 1971. 

Dylan Hanson, Bowling

In this segment of the Maverick Spotlight, the inSIDER features Maverick Bowling Team player Dylan Hanson. Dylan is a sophomore accounting major for Maple Grove, Minn. A active bowler for the past seven years, Dylan is a second year member of the team. He has won several junior tournaments throughout Minnesota include Minnesota Junior Bowling Tours and placed in the Top 10 at the PBA Regional Tournament bowling an average of 205.

Let’s put Dylan into the spotlight!

1. What three words best describe you? Hard-Working. Caring. Confident.
  2. What tops your list of pet peeves? People not holding themselves accountable, but at the same time, we all have our flaws.
  3. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? A lion because who doesn’t want to be the king of the jungle.
  4. Who is your all-time favorite sports star? Tiger Woods
  5. What is your most prized possession? One of my bowling balls: the Burgundy Hammer
  6. What three items can always be found in your refrigerator? Chicken, Lemonade, and Gatorade
  7. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Practice more and play video games more often.
  8. What skill would you like to master? Picking up my spares
  9. What movie title best describes your life?  Tin Cup
  10. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?  I don’t know, I like to say you create your own luck.
  11. What is something that a ton of people is obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? Social media but I tend to fall victim to it as well.
  12. If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? I don’t know honestly because I feel you shouldn’t only be paid for the time you put in but the amount of work you do as well.
  13. Who inspires you to be better? My coaches and competitors on the lanes who beat me.
  14. What is something you will NEVER do again?  Leave my shoe cover on before I bowl.
  15. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Parasailing
  16. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? The power to fly so I wouldn’t have to sit in traffic anymore.
  17. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Invest at least half of it or buy a nice house.
  18. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? A Super Bowl in the future.
  19. What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? I really like the size of our campus it’s not overly big, so you don’t have extremely long walks in between classes, but its not too small either where you feel like everyone is in one area all the time. I feel this allows us to always have different things going on around campus all the time which makes it easy to meet new people and get involved with new things.

RETURN TO THE inSIDER