Final Thoughts and Future Fitness Plans

by BLAKE PIESCHKE, CSU Public Relations Intern

As we come to the end of the semester and my college career, I’d like to reflect on this past semester and what I have in mind for the future.

This past semester, I decided to use this blog to interact with students on how they could get the best experience of a fitness lifestyle. With prior experience in believing in false beliefs and misconceptions, I believe this was a great way to debunk some of those.

When it came to the fitness world, I was always trying to educate myself more and more. I would jump around to doing things I thought were right and helpful. As I gained more experience, I learned I had exposed myself to some of the wrong people.

It has always been my mission to help people and make their experiences better when it came to fitness. I always shared my knowledge and tips to friends who came to me. I always offered to help them in the gym and give them exposure to what my workouts were like and the things I did.

I wanted to expand their knowledge and help them forget the BS we were taught from our superiors and some of the greatest fitness influencers.

I then transitioned that knowledge into this blog and hopefully I have affected you in a positive way to show how a fitness lifestyle should really be like. I want people to prioritize their health in this world because you only get one body and one chance to live.

Although your health is a priority, it shouldn’t take away from your enjoyment from the world. As long as you are healthy and enjoying life, feel free to have that burger or go out that one weekend. Because now I have shared with you some of my greatest finds in the fitness industry.

Now, you have enjoyable meal ideas that could help you reduce your calorie consumption while not starving yourself, if you do end up having one of those wild weekends.

I have shared my biggest fitness influencers who will give the best quality of information for muscle gain and fat loss. I have had such better results and an even better understanding of muscle building because of people like Eugene Teo and people like Greg Doucette who yells at me to put the fork down and quit training like a sissy.

Just like they have impacted my life so much, I hope to continue in the fitness world to positively impact others to share my knowledge and debunk the myths they believe.

Two things have been on my mind during my college career, but I never took them into consideration with my busy schedule. I have thoughts about possibly competing in a bodybuilding competition and would love to pursue acquiring a personal trainer certification.

Kinds of certifications

The certification has a higher priority to me than competing. Now I have summer around the corner, I could use that time to focus solely on the certification.

After all, if I struggle to find something in my desired career field, I will always have a passion for fitness to fall back on. It has always been my back-up plan during college and if most people can do it, why not me.

Overall, I hope you all have learned a few things from this series and continue on an enjoyable lifestyle involving fitness and nutrition.

Blake Pieschke is a CSU Public Relations Intern and a senior studying Mass Media at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Blake is from Glencoe, MN and has a passion for sports, fitness, and the outdoors. He plans on pursuing a career in sports journalism when his college career is over.

RETURN TO THE inSIDER