JENNA ANDERSON: “It’s scary at first but once you get settled everything comes together. It’s worth it and you won’t regret it”

Each semester since Spring 2015, the Centennial Student Union honors eight students selected for campus student leadership and CSU student staff excellence. Nominated by staff members from Student Affairs, the Kearney International Center, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion selected students are recognized on the BEST Board, a 55-foot display in the CSU Hearth Lounge created for Boasting Exceptional Student Talent.

Nominator’s comments…

Jenna joined the Bullpen staff during the pandemic and quickly stood out as a reliable and capable staff member. As a Lead, Jenna has been responsible for overseeing night and weekend staff shifts and events. Jenna has made an effort to coach the new staff she works with and give them the tools and resources to grow and be successful. She embraces the notion that our Bullpen staff are our best marketing tool and encourages a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for the Bullpen.

In Jennas Own Words…

How has campus involvement and/or campus employment enhanced YOUR COLLEGE EXPERIENCE?

Being involved and employed through campus had given me connections that will last a lifetime. I’ve met so many great people who have made a huge impact on my life. 

How has campus involvement and/or campus employment enhanced YOUR FUTURE? 

My campus involvement has enhanced my future by helping me better prepare for a future career. I have attained skills that I otherwise might have not learned. This can be seen in my communication and determination throughout my years in college. 

How has campus involvement/campus employment enhanced YOUR LIFE? 

Campus involvement has enhanced my life by teaching me that I can do anything I put my mind to. When I can to college I had no idea if I would even last a semester. But I pushed myself and through that, I’ve been able to accomplish so much I never thought I could. My years in college have given me more confidence than I have ever had. 

Provide one or more detailed examples where your campus involvement/work experience made you a better leader. 

I’m not afraid to share my opinion. Before college, I was very timid and shy. Nowadays I am able to confidently share my thoughts with my fellow Alpha Chi Omega sisters and my job in the Bullpen. 

What advice would you share with fellow students in helping them make the most of their college experience? 

Get out there! You will meet people who will push you to do great things. It’s scary at first but once you get settled everything comes together. It’s worth it and you won’t regret it. 

Throughout your college experience at Minnesota State Mankato, what has provided the greatest personal growth, memories, satisfaction, and/or personal pride. 

Being active with my sorority and work and given me much satisfaction and sanity. While school is important there’s much more out there for life experiences. My chapter has given me growth in my ability of confidence. And my job has given me the determination to get things done and to try new things. Getting active on campus was the best thing I’ve done.