Low Calorie Wrap and Fruity Chocolate Malt

by BLAKE PIESCHKE, CSU Public Relations Intern

This week I would like to share probably my greatest diet hack meal of a low calorie wrap that is extremely filling and the chocolate malt I have been eating the past week for my bedtime snack.

This wrap has been inspired from the same types of wraps I have seen Greg Doucette make and I personalized it to my own likes.

The items needed for this type of wrap are these whole wheat low carb wraps I buy from Walmart, a sandwich meat, fat free cheese, banana peppers, spinach and G Hughes BBQ sauce.

First, place wrap on a plate and add and spread out 14 grams of fat free cheese. Next, heat in microwave for 20 seconds to melt the cheese and add a handful of spinach and three slices of sandwich meat. Follow this up with roughly 10 banana peppers and one tablespoon of G Hughes BBQ sauce.

This is the part that makes it the most filling. Next, fill the wrap with spinach until the bag is over 3/4 gone. Finally, add one more tablespoon of G Hughes BBQ sauce and three slices of sandwich meat to lock the spinach in place. Final macros will be around 300 calories and 25 grams of protein. A good rule of thumb is if things aren’t falling out, then you didn’t fill it up enough.

I usually eat two of these and am full for a number of hours just because of how filling they are from the amount of spinach. Feel to try this recipe and substitute how you would like yours to be!

Fruity Chocolate Malt:

Ingredients

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

• 224 grams unsweetened almond milk
  • 120 grams sugar free chocolate syrup
  • 31 grams chocolate protein powder
  • 5 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 170 grams non-fat greek yogurt
  • One serving of a frozen fruit (I used strawberries for this one)
  • 200 grams of ice

In a blender, combine ingredients in descending order. Blend for a minute and scrape sides. Blend for one more minute until consistency that is slightly harder to pour and can be consumed with a spoon. Total macros for this recipe come out to 350 calories and 43 grams of protein. Consume whatever way you’d like and enjoy!

RETURN TO inSIDER

Blake Pieschke is a CSU Public Relations Intern and a senior studying Mass Media at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Blake is from Glencoe, MN and has a passion for sports, fitness, and the outdoors. He plans on pursuing a career in sports journalism when his college career is over.