President Inch Launches New Program Recognizing ‘Above and Beyond’ Mav Spirit

University President Edward Inch announced this week his launching of Mav Coin, his presidential challenge recognizing students, faculty and staff for exemplary displays of Inclusion, Cooperation, Innovation and Maverick Spirit.

“Over the past year, I have been overwhelmed by the incredible passion, dedication, and talent I have encountered at this University,” President Inch said in his email announcing the Mav Coin Presidential Challenge. “I am truly proud to be part of the Maverick Family. As I announced at Convocation, I am launching a new program to recognize outstanding faculty, staff and students.”

President Inch said throughout this school year, he and campus leaders will be watching for individuals “who go above and beyond” in modeling and advancing an inviting, inclusive and inspirational campus community.

Four areas of praiseworthy activity include:

• Inclusion –  cultivates a safe, welcoming and warm environment for everyone. 
  • Cooperation  –  facilitates an environment of listening, collaboration and synergy. 
  • Innovation  –  acts as a driving force toward an environment supportive of new ideas, pursues action and celebrates attempts to push our community forward. 
  • Maverick Spirit  –  embodies the core values of Minnesota State Mankato: integrity, diversity, access, responsibility, and excellence.

Inch said recognized exceptional individuals will receive a commemorative coin in recognition of their hard work and will be invited to attend a reception in their honor in April.

“I hope this program helps our entire community celebrate those who truly embody what it means to be a Maverick. Go Mavs!” President Inch said.