Anabolic French Toast and Birthday Cake Protein Ice Cream

by BLAKE PIESCHKE, CSU Public Relations

Since the pancake recipe I posted the other week ended up being popular, I decided to share two recipes I have been using for a while now; the anabolic french toast and birthday cake protein ice cream.

*If you have an underlying health condition, feel free to substitute the ingredient with the appropriate replacement.

Anabolic french toast was my go-to breakfast before I found the pancake recipe and it is so simple. I meal prep it as my lunch at work, since I do end up taking my break early in the morning and it only seems fitting. I like to add chocolate chips to mine and will be sharing that version of it.

The protein ice cream is something that is the closest thing to actual ice cream. For this recipe to work properly, a three bladed Ninja blender, a food processor or an extremely high powered blender would be the best appliance to use. I used a regular $40 blender on a similar recipe and it didn’t turn out well. I got my Ninja blender from Walmart last year for $80. Here is the link to the exact one I use Ninja Professional 1000-Watt Blender, BL710WM – Walmart.com – Walmart.com. (You also may have to look up some of the ingredients and possibly order, but this recipe was definitely worth the hassle).

Anabolic French Toast:

Prep time: 10-15 minutes

Ingredients used

Ingredients:

• Four slices of plain white bread (yes white bread)
  • 184 grams of egg whites
  • 10 grams of vanilla extract
  • 3 grams of cinnamon
  • 5 grams of an artificial sweetener
  • 16 chocolate chips (semi-sweet or sugar free preferred)
  • sugar free syrup

In a mixing bowl, add in the egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon and artificial sweetener, Whisk together until all ingredients have been mixed.

Have a skillet or frying pan set at medium heat, soak bread in the mixture until slightly soggy and place each slice on pan. Once all four pieces are on the frying pan, slowly pour on any excess mixture and add the chocolate chips(I like to put four on each piece of bread)

Cook each side for three to five mins and flip. The bread will start to look fluffy and be a more stable piece. After each side has cooked, remove from pan and drench in sugar free syrup and enjoy. Without adding syrup, the meal is roughly 420 calories and 30 grams of protein, if you used the same ingredients as me.

Birthday Cake Protein Ice Cream:

Prep Time: 10-15 minutes

Ingredients:

Ingredients
  • 115 grams milk of choice ( I recommend and use unsweetened almond milk)
  • 170 grams non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 4 grams vanilla extract
  • 4 grams cake batter extract (item may need to order online)
  • 7 grams sugar/fat free vanilla pudding mix
  • 4 grams xanthan gum ( may need to order online, I used to buy from Walmart but didn’t find it last time)
  • 1 gram salt
  • 10 grams artificial sweetener
  • 1 1/2 scoops vanilla based protein powder
  • 470 grams ice
  • Optional toppings at the end: sprinkles or birthday cake mini muffins for the nostalgia

In your blender, add in the ingredients in the exact descending order I have them listed. Blend on high for exactly one minute, remove cover, scrape sides with a rubber spatula and mix ingredients.

You will need to repeat that process two more times and it will come out to a creamy and thick consistency. Add optional toppings at the end (if you choose) and enjoy! The best part about this recipe is the amount of volume it makes and even better macros. If you make the recipe exactly how I do, you’re looking at a meal in the ballpark of 450 calories and 55 grams of protein.

I hope you guys enjoy these recipes and I look forward to sharing a few more!

Blake Pieschke is a CSU Public Relations Intern and a senior studying Mass Media at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Blake is from Glencoe, MN and has a passion for sports, fitness, and the outdoors. He plans on pursuing a career in sports journalism when his college career is over.