ANDREW YOGEI: Being a Source of Motivation Keeps Him Motivated

Wearing #58 for the Maverick Football team, Andrew is a 6’1”, 300 pound defensive tackle from Plymouth, Minn., majoring in finance.

ANDREW YOGEI
  • What three words best describe you? Empathetic, Motivated, Friendly
  • What tops your list of pet peeves? Smacking food while eating
  • Who is your all-time favorite sports star? Reggie White
  • What three items can always be found in your refrigerator? Gatorade, Bodyarmor, Water
  • What skill would you like to master? Excel
  • What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with, but you just don’t get the point of? Tiktok
  • Who are three persons, living or dead, you would like to invite for dinner? Jesus, Alexander the great, King Solomon
  • What is something you will NEVER do again? Mile run
  • What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Missions trip
  • If you could have a super power, what would it be? Mind reading
  • If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? World cup final
  • If you had to eat at a fast-food restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be? Chick-fil-a
  • Who is your celebrity crush? Vanessa Hudgens
  • What fictional character would you like to meet? Thor
  • What is one thing that should be taught in school but isn’t? Being a good human being
  • What was your favorite activity as a child? Going over to my cousins with my little bro and just hanging out
  • What is your go-to song at the moment? Do not disturb- Drake
  • When you want to give up and quit, what keeps you going? Knowing that to get something you’ve never had you’re going to have to do things you’ve never done, and knowing that there are others who look up to me and that my success can be a source of motivation for them to say “Hey I can do it too”
  • How long do you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse? “Da whole thang”
  • What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? It might sound like a cliché, but I genuinely enjoy the people the most. Everyday I’m fortunate enough to run into different people from different walks of life and learn more about them, which leads to more growth for me as an individual.