MAKAYLA JACKSON: What was the Winning Lottery Number? Oh Really? Here’s My Two Weeks Notice Effective Immediately

by BLAKE PIESCHKE, CSU Public Relation Intern

Makayla Jackson

The sophomore from Milwaukee, Wis., is a sprinter and jumper for the Minnesota State women’s track and field team. At the South Dakota Challenge & Multi Friday and Saturday in Vermillion, S.D., Jackson had a pair of first-place finishes in the team’s third-place finish. In the long jump, she finished first with a jump of 5.91m, which happens to be a provisional qualifier for the 11th best leap in DII this season. Jackson was also a part of the first-place 4×100 relay team, which secured a first-place finish with a time of 45.70 and second-best time in the nation.

• What three words best describe you? Determined, eager and hungry
  • What tops your list of pet peeves? When people eat and smack their lips
  • If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? A panda because it is my favorite animal and when I see them on the media, they just look so chill and to themselves like me
  • Who is your all-time favorite sports star? Allyson Felix
  • What is your most prized possession? All my track medals
  • What three items can always be found in your refrigerator? Arizona sweet tea, a chocolate cookie dough cake from Walmart and water
  • If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Binge watch a series on Netflix
  • What skill would you like to master? Being more open to receiving compliments
  • What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? Getting the opportunity to be a student athlete at Mankato
  • What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with, but you just don’t get the point of? My legs. I get too many compliments on how muscular my legs are
  • If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? Being a hostess at a restaurant
  • What is something you will NEVER do again? Take a philosophy class
  • If you could have a super power, what would it be? Teleportation
  • If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Quit my job
  • If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Women’s 4×100 relay team winning gold at the Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro
  • What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? The support and all the resources they have
  • If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you bring with you? My phone, a gallon of water and my headphones
  • If you had to eat at a fast-food restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be? Buffalo Wild Wings
  • What fictional character would you like to meet? Naruto
  • Best purchase you ever made? My apple watch
  • What is one thing you want to accomplish or experience in your life? Going to the Olympics
  • What was your favorite activity as a child? Riding bikes with sibling and neighborhood friends
  • What is your go to song at the moment? On Me by Lil Baby
  • How long do you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse? Between three days to a week

RETURN TO inSIDER