by KARA ALLEN, CSU Public Relations Assistant
Now that Fall Semester is in full swing, it’s time to review the new policies that our Memorial Library on the Minnesota State University, Mankato campus has implemented. As the library reopened on August 10th and the music library opened on August 24th, the Minnesota State University, Mankato Library Services is working hard to keep you safe while you study. Please be respectful towards the staff and these new policies as everyone is so excited to see students back in the library!
- All visitors are required to wear masks
- All floors in Memorial Library are available with limited seating
- New guidelines for seating with increased space between tables and chair
- The four group study rooms located on the first floor are now open to groups of two. All other group study rooms are closed · Expanded textbook access through Textbooks & Course Reserves
- Delayed re-shelving of books (most books will be quarantined for 72 hours after they have been returned)
- Low-touch checkout procedures in place for the borrowing of library materials
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers
- Sneeze guards at service points
A few other things you should know:
- Visit the Library Hours page to see up-to-date building hours.
- For quick pick up from the 1st floor Circulation Desk, library users are encouraged to request books and other items in advance through MavScholar. · Equipment items (laptops, cameras, etc.) should be requested in advance
- Printing and scanning are available · To work with a librarian via chat, phone, email, or an appointment, use our Ask a Librarian service. · Archives is available by appointment only
- For answers to frequently asked questions related to the Library and COVID-19 see the Library Services COVID-19 FAQs.
Any changes will be updated on the Minnesota State University, Mankato Library Services social media channels and website. MNSU’s Library Services is grateful for your cooperation during these times and wishes you all the best during your semester.