by TRAVIS GERLACH, CSU Public Relations Intern
Taylor Drost, a senior from Menomonee Falls, Wis., Drost is a forward on the women’s basketball team.
In 2018-19, Drost appeared and started in 25 games for the Mavericks. She led Minnesota State University, Mankato in scoring with 336 points, averaging 13.4 points per game on the season. Named to the ALL-NSIC second team and awarded NSIC South Division player of the week after averaging 20 points per game and six rebounds per game against MSU Moorhead and Northern State.
- What three words best describe you? Determined, organized, and personable
- What tops your list of pet peeves? People who are never on time and are always late.
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? Any type of dog because they are all so cute.
- What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well? I have lived off of microwavable meals the past 3 years and I am still pretty healthy.
- Who is your all-time favorite sports star? Giannis Antetokounmpo
- What is your most prized possession? My state championship trophy from high school.
- What three items can always be found in your refrigerator Leftovers, cheese sticks, and bread
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Rewatch Greys Anatomy
- What skill would you like to master? I want to learn how to rollerblade.
- What movie title best describes your life? The Pursuit of Happiness
- What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? Getting the opportunity to play collegiate basketball
- What is something that a ton of people is obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? The TV show The Office.
- If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? Taste test new kinds of candy because I am obsessed with sweets.
- Who inspires you to be better? My mom because she has always supported me through everything.
- What is something you will NEVER do again? After this year I will never do any type of pool workout again.
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Get out of their hometown.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be? The ability to fly.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off any debt and find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes.
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? The MSU Women’s Basketball Team winning the 2009 National Championship.
- What do you like most about Minnesota State University, Mankato? I love how close I am with all of my teammates. We are a big family who cares about each other and have the best time whenever we are together.