MITCHEL POMIJE: “My college experience has molded me into the leader I am today.”

Each semester since Spring 2015, the Centennial Student Union honors eight students selected for campus student leadership and CSU student staff excellence. Nominated by staff members from Student Affairs, the Kearney International Center, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion selected students are recognized on the BEST Board, a 55-foot display in the CSU Hearth Lounge created for Boasting Exceptional Student Talent.

Nominator’s Comments…

Mitchel has been a driving force of leadership in the residence hall, at the regional level, and within Maverick Machine performances. His drive to challenge himself and create space for others to grow is exceptional. 

Mitchel can be found wearing Maverick gear 24/7. This includes his purple Maverick crocs. Mitchel’s dedication to the campus community is something to be truly celebrated in this way.

In Mitchel’s Own Words…

How has campus involvement and/or campus employment enhanced YOUR COLLEGE EXPERIENCE? 

College is not just about going to class and getting good grades. Being involved enhances the learning that happens in and out of the classroom. 

How has campus involvement and/or campus employment enhanced YOUR FUTURE? 

Before college, I had an outline of where my future would take me. My involvement has added the details that help me make a difference in my community. 

Provide one or more detailed examples where your campus involvement/work experience made you a better leader. 

There are a lot of skills required to be a successful leader. By practicing these skills in a welcoming environment, my college experience has molded me into the leader I am today. 

What advice would you share with fellow students in helping them make the most of their college experience? 

Get involved as soon and quickly as possible.