MOLLY NHEAN: “My campus involvement at MSU has truly helped me grow to love myself more and more.”

Each semester since Spring 2015, the Centennial Student Union honors eight students selected for campus student leadership and CSU student staff excellence. Nominated by staff members from Student Affairs, the Kearney International Center, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion selected students are recognized on the BEST Board, a 55-foot display in the CSU Hearth Lounge created for Boasting Exceptional Student Talent.

Nominators Comments…

Molly is one of the shining stars in the Fraternity and Sorority Life Community. She is one of those individuals you count on to show up to events and take leadership roles. 

Previously serving as president of Gamma Phi Beta, Molly was in charge of the operation of the largest sorority on campus with 50 members. She has made changes to improve the function of the organization. One of those changes was improving the process for filling out the event planning forms for her organization. She has been a great leader in helping both these grow membership, having only 10 members and 30 members in each organization. Besides her leadership roles, Molly works two jobs to support herself. She works as a student assistant in the Associate Front Desk Associate for the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences Advising Center, Guest Services Representative at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato Hotel & Event Center, and recently became a Parenting Time Monitor for CADA. I honestly don’t know where she finds time to do all these jobs and still holds a busy position within her chapter. I believe Molly embodied what it means to invite, involve, and inspire because she naturally does it to others.

In Molly’s Own Words…

How has campus involvement and/or campus employment enhanced YOUR COLLEGE EXPERIENCE? 

Campus involvement and employment have enhanced my college experience which has given me a group of true and constant friendships and leadership opportunities. My involvement helped me to further connect with the Mankato community and discover what I’m most passionate about. 

How has campus involvement and/or campus employment enhanced YOUR FUTURE? 

Campus involvement and employment have guided me to my future career path. I have gained an amazing networking system that can help connect me to future opportunities. I gained a wide range of experiences that have helped me build my resume and prepare me for my future endeavors. 

How has campus involvement/campus employment enhanced YOUR LIFE? 

My campus experience has positively enhanced my life so much. I would not be the strong and more resilient leader I am today without my campus involvement. I gained an amazing maverick family and life-changing experiences. 

Provide one or more detailed examples where your campus involvement/work experience made you a better leader. 

Being a part of the fraternity and sorority life community has taught me the importance of working together as one big family. As president of Gamma Phi Beta, I have learned how to be a patient, resilient, and empathetic leader. It truly has taught me how to best support others through conflict resolution and working together to achieve our goals. 

What advice would you share with fellow students in helping them make the most of their college experience? 

My advice is to take advantage of all the opportunities that come your way, even the ones that you fear the most because it just may be a positive life-changing experience. Never let any barriers keep you from bouncing back better than ever and continue to fight for your passions. 

Throughout your college experience at Minnesota State Mankato, what has provided the greatest personal growth, memories, satisfaction, and/or personal pride?

Throughout my college experience, I have found great personal growth within my sorority. I have gained such a supportive and caring group of friends who have pushed me to limits I never that I was capable of. As I am finishing my last year at Mankato, it still feels unreal I have gotten through all these years that I didn’t think was possible. I never thought Id let alone join a sorority, but become president. My campus involvement at MSU has truly helped me grow to love myself more and more. I’m so grateful for the individual I have become today through my college experiences.