by TRAVIS GERLACH, CSU Public Relations Intern
Own IT, Secure IT and Protect IT. A nice play on IT security helps spread the message during National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) during October
NCSAM was launched by the National Cyber Security Alliance & the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in October 2004. Since its launch back in 2004, NCSAM has grown exponentially reaching consumers, businesses of all sizes, and to young and old people everywhere.
NCSAM”s Own IT, Secure IT, and Protect IT theme encourages personal accountability and proactive behavior in digital privacy. Here is a breakdown of the key messages.
- Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media
- Update Privacy Settings
- Keep Tabs on Your Apps: best practices for device applications
- Shake UYp Your Passphrase Protocol: create strong, unique passphrases
- Double Your Login Protection: turn on multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online
- Play Hard To Get With Strangers: how to spot and avoid phish
- If you Connect, You Must Protect: updating to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems
- Stat Protected While Connected: wi-fi safety
- If You Collect It, Protect It: keep customer/consumer data and information safe
According to IT Solutions on campus, “As a part of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month this October, IT Solutions wants to help you learn more about the importance of cybersecurity and what you can do to protect yourself so you don’t become part of the statistics.”
Cybersecurity is tied in with being educated on and mindful of the conceivable outcomes of online cyberthreats. Staying alert is just one bit of the riddle, however! The most significant piece of cybersecurity is taking dynamic and successive insurances to shield your gadgets and your data from dangers, for example, misrepresentation, robbery, infections, malware, phishing, and the sky is the limit from there.
IT Solutions and the Information Security Student Organization are partnering up to host a Cybersecurity Escape Room on Saturday, Oct. 26 in CSU 245 at noon.
Gather your friends and put your problem solving and sleuthing skills to the test in the CyberSecurity Escape Room hosted by IT Solutions and the Information Security Student Organization for National CyberSecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM).IT Solutions – Engage