Peace of Mind Often Needs a Piece of Mind

by GABBIE KEERAN, CSU Public Relations Intern

RETURN to the inSIDER

This week I will be sharing a life lesson that I learned in 2020. As we all know, 2020 was an eventful year, to say the least. I feel like I learned a lot during this year, but there was one lesson I held close to me. 

To put my mental health first, and taking the time to check in with myself every day. 

I found this very helpful during the peak of the pandemic and I still do. 

Some ways to check in with yourself is to ask yourself questions like, “How do I feel right now?” “What things are making me happiest?” “What are the positives in my life” and “What can I look forward to this week?” 

Doing this helps me prepare my head for whatever the day may bring.

Personally, I would plan out my day in the mornings. I wrote down on my phone, a piece of paper, or by keeping a daily plan in my head. If I hit a curve ball, I would revisit my plan and try again. 

Going back to last week’s blog, keeping a journal to track your mental health can be beneficial as well.

If stress comes to you right away in the morning, whether it is coming from a big exam, an interview for an important job, or facing a change in your life, don’t let it take over your day.

The challenges that we face during our lives gives us a chance to persevere, grow stronger and learn to grow into more compassionate individuals.

Remember, keep going and to live and let live!

Gabbie Keeran is a CSU Public Relations Intern and a senior studying Mass Media with a minor in Marketing at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Gabbie is from Prior Lake, MN and has a passion for journaling, practicing yoga, and traveling. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing and communications after graduation.

RETURN to the inSIDER