by GABBIE KEERAN, CSU Public Relations Intern
Mavathon is hosting the annual ‘For The Kidz Week’ in person at the Centennial Student Union.
‘For The Kidz Week’ begins at noon on Monday, April 12, and continues through Saturday, April 17, at 9 p.m.
A school-wide philanthropic event, Mavathon raises funds and brings awareness to children that are sick or injured. Money raised during this event supports Gillette’s Children’s Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, MN.
To register or donate for the Mavathon, visit here.
For The Kidz Week events:
- Monday, April 12: All Greek Cook Out, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., outside at the Centennial Student Union Mall.
- Free food will be handed out, patrons are able to tip if they please.
- Tuesday, April 13: Chipotle Fundraiser, 5 to 9 p.m., Chipotle, 1600 Warren St. Mankato, MN.
- To donate, mention the fundraiser when ordering at Chipotle. If ordering online or the app, use the code 2NB2T9L.
- Wednesday, April 14: Donkey Dung Bingo, 1 to 3 p.m., on the Fountain Mall.
- Miniature donkey will be in a 30′ by 30′ pen with an empty bingo grid of 225 squares with randomly selected numbers assigned to each square. Whichever square gets the pleasure of containing the donkey dung first, wins. If the donkey doesn’t produce in the 2 hours allotted, the winning number will be randomly drawn.
- Thursday, April 15: Pie in the Face, Noon to 4 p.m., on the Fountain Mall.
- Community members will participate and receive a pie to the face.
- Friday, April 16: Silent Auction, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., location posted on Mavathon Instagram.
- Prizes will be announced on the Mavathon Instagram.
- Saturday, April 17: Mavathon 5K Event, 9 a.m. to Noon., at the Minnesota State University, Mankato Fitness Trail
- Participants can walk, run, or jog, sign up here. The 5K encourages social distancing. Participants will need to take the COVID 19 Daily Self-Screening Check to participate.
Mavathon is inspired by “Miracle Network Dance Marathon,” which benefits Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is a non-profit organization that raises funds and awareness for over 170 pediatric hospitals across North America.
Visit MSU Mankato Dance Marathon | Facebook for more information regarding this event.
To learn more about the Mavathon visit, Mavathon | Engage.